Dr. Jennifer Adam
Phone: (509) 335-7751
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, 2007, University of Washington.
- M.S., Civil Engineering, 2002, University of Washington.
- B.S., Civil Engineering, 1997, University of Colorado.
- Associate Director, State of Washington Water Research Center, 2014- Present
- Assistant Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering, WSU, 2008– Present
- Graduate Research Assistant, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Washington, 2000 - 2007
- Peace Corps Volunteer, Secondary Mathematics Education, Solomon Islands, 1997-1999
- Undergraduate Teaching and Research Assistant, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Colorado, 1996-1997
- Reid Miller Teaching Excellence Award, College of Engineering & Architecture, WSU, 2011
- Outstanding Teaching Faculty Award, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, WSU, 2011
- Hydrologic impacts of global change
- Earth systems modeling
- Land/atmosphere interactions
- Water resources engineering
- Sustainable development in water resources
- Liu, M., J.C. Adam, and A.F. Hamlet, 2013. Spatial-temporal variations of evapotranspiration and runoff/precipitation ratios responding to the changing climate in the Pacific Northwest during 1921-2006, Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, doi: 10.1029/2012JD018400.
- Van Wie, J.B, J.C. Adam, and J.L. Ullman, 2013. Conservation tillage in dryland agriculture impacts watershed hydrology, Journal of Hydrology doi: 10.1016/J.HYDROL.2012.12.030.
- Tan, A., J.C Adam, and D.P. Lettenmaier, 2011. Change in spring snowmelt timing in Eurasian Arctic Rivers, Journal of Geophysical Research 116, D03101, doi:10.1029/2010JD014337.
- Rawlins, M.A., M. Steele, M.M. Holland, J.C. Adam, et al. 2010. Analysis of the Arctic System for Freshwater Cycle Intensification: Observations and Expectations, Journal of Climate 23 (21) 5715-5737.
- Adam, J.C., A. F. Hamlet, and D. P. Lettenmaier, 2008. Implications of global climate change for snowmelt hydrology in the 21st century, Hydrological Processes 23(7) 962-972.
- Adam, J.C., and D.P. Lettenmaier, 2008. Application of new precipitation and reconstructed streamflow products to streamflow trend attribution in Northern Eurasia. Journal of Climate 21(8): 1807-1828.
- Adam, J.C., I. Haddeland, F. Su, and D. P. Lettenmaier, 2007. Simulation of reservoir influences on annual and seasonal streamflow changes for the Lena, Yenisei and Ob' rivers, Journal of Geophysical Research 112, D24114, doi:10.1029/2007JD008525.
- Adam, J.C., E.A. Clark, D.P. Lettenmaier, and E.F. Wood, 2006. Correction of global precipitation products for orographic effects. Journal of Climate 19(1): 15-38.
- Barnett T.P., J.C. Adam, and D.P. Lettenmaier, 2005. Potential impacts of a warming climate on water availability in snow-dominated regions. Nature 438: 303-309.
- Adam, J.C., and D.P. Lettenmaier, 2003. Adjustment of global gridded precipitation for systematic bias. Journal of Geophysical Research 108, D9, doi:10.1029/2002JD002499.
- Maurer, E.P., A.W. Wood, J.C. Adam, D.P. Lettenmaier, and B. Nijssen, 2002. A long-term hydrologically-based data set of land surface fluxes and states for the conterminous United States. Journal of Climate 15: 3237-3251.