Dr. Candis Claiborn
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, 1991 - North Carolina State University
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, 1980 - University of Idaho, Moscow, ID
- Engineering-in-Training Certificate, Idaho, 1980
- Dean, College of Engineering and Architecture, 2006-present
- Interim Dean, College of Engineering and Architecture, 2005-2006
- Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Programs, College of Engineering and Architecture, 2003-2005
- Interim Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Programs, College of Engineering and Architecture, 2002-2003
- Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering, 2003-present
- Associate Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering, 1997-2003
- Assistant Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering, 1991-00
- Site Technician, Mountain Cloud Chemistry Project, NCSU, 1987-91
- Senior Process Control Engineer, ARCO Petroleum Products, 1981-86
- Process Engineer, Chevron, Western Region Production, 1980-81
- Richard Crain Faculty Award for Distinction in Ethics Teaching, 2003
- Outstanding Teaching Faculty Award in Civil Engineering, 1999
- Leon Luck Faculty Award, Most Effective Faculty Member, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, 1998
- Recipient of NSF Career grant, 1995
- Outstanding Teaching Faculty Award, 1994
- Atmospheric aerosols – sampling methods and chemical characterization
- Receptor modeling
- Atmosphere-biosphere interactions - field, laboratory and modeling experiments
- Airborne particulate matter - emission measurements and windblown dust
- Atmospheric Aerosols
- Air Pollution Control
- Introduction to Environmental Engineering
- Principles of Environmental Engineering
- Engineering Ethics and Professionalism
- Ethics Issues in Science and Technology
- Finn, D., B. Rumburg, C. Claiborn, W. Bamesberger, W.F. Siems, J. Koenig, T. Larson, and G. Norris (2001) "Sampling Artifacts from the use of Denuder Tubes with Glycerol Based Coatings in the Measurement of Atmospheric Particulate Matter", Environmental Science and Technology 35 (40-44).
- B. Rumburg, R. Alldredge, and C. Claiborn (2001) "Statistical Distributions of Particulate Matter and the Error Associated with sampling Frequency", Atmospheric Environment 35(16): 2907
- R. Villasenor, C. Claiborn, B. Lamb, and S. O'Neill (2001) "High Wintertime Particulate Matter Episodes in a City in Complex Terrain", Atmospheric Environment 35/36 (6479-6491).
- Claiborn, C., T. Larson, and L. Sheppard (2002) "Testing the Metals Hypothesis in Spokane, WA", Environmental Health Perspectives 110 (supplement 4): 547-552.
- Pang, Y., L.A. Gundel, T. Larson, D. Finn, L.-J.S. Liu, and C.S. Claiborn (2002) "Development and Evaluation of a Novel Personal Particulate Organic and Mass Sampler (PPOMS)", Environmental Science and Technology 36 (5205-5210).
- Wilson, W.E., J.C. Chow, C.S. Claiborn, W. Fusheng, J. Engelbrecht, and J.G. Watson (2002) "Monitoring of Particulate Matter Outdoors", Chemosphere, 49 (1009-1043).
- Kim, E., T.V. Larson, P.K. Hopke, C. Slaughter, L.E. Sheppard, C. Claiborn (2003) "Source Identification of PM2.5 in an Arid Northwest US City by Positive Matrix Factorization", Atmospheric Research, 66 (291-305).