Dr. J. Daniel Dolan, P.E.
Phone: (509) 335-7849
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, 1989 - Univeristy of British Columbia
- M.S., Civil Engineering, 1983 - University of Washington
- B.S., Civil Engineering, 1974 - Montana State University
- Professional Engineer, State of Wisconsin, License No. 26864
- Professional Engineer, State of Virginia, License No. 22205
- 2002 - Present Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Washington State University
- 2000-02 Professor, Department of Wood Science & Forest Products, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- 1992 - Present Adjunct-Professor, The Charles E. Via, Jr. Department of Civil Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- 1995-00 Associate Professor, Department of Wood Science & Forest Products, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- 1995-00 Adjunct-Associate Professor, The Charles E. Via, Jr. Department of Civil Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University,
- 1989-95 Assistant Professor, Department of Wood Science & Forest Products, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- 1989-95 Adjunct-Assistant Professor, The Charles E. Via, Jr. Department of Civil Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- 1982-83 Research Scholar, Department of Concrete and Steel Structures, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
- 1978-80 Structural Engineer/Manager, Proctor and Gamble Paper Products Division, Green Bay, WI
- 1977-78 Structural/Project Engineer, Continental Pipeline Company, Huston, TX
- WSU, Civil & Environmental Engineering Outstanding Advisor, 2011
- Fulbright Scholar to Universidad de Concepción, 2008
- Sahlin Faculty Excellence Award for Public Service, 2007
- Virginia Citizen Award by the Virginia Association of Building Officials, 1999
- Outstanding Service Award by the Building Seismic Safety Council, 1998
- Markwardt Award, Presented by the Forest Products Society,1998
- George G. Marra Award of Excellence, Presented by the Society of Wood Science and Technology, 1997
- Annual Award for Excellence in Truss Research, awarded by the Truss Plate Institute, 1994
- Valle Scholar to conduct research in Sweden, Award by the Department of Civil Engineering, University of Washington, 1982
- Dynamic Loads on Low-Rise Buildings (Seismic and Wind)
- Dynamic Response of Light-Frame Buildings (Seismic, Wind, and Vibration)
- Full-Scale Static, Cyclic, and Dynamic Testing of Structural Assemblies (Walls, Floors, and Roofs)
- Response of Dowel Connections
- Numerical Modeling of Structural and Material Response to Static and Dynamic Loading (Finite Element Analysis and Closed-Form Numerical Modeling)
- Design of Timber Structures
- Advanced Mechanics of Materials
- Advanced Design of Timber Structures
- Jacobs V, W. P., D. C. Ohanehi, J. D. Dolan, D. A. Dillard. 2010 (accepted). “An Evaluation of Acrylic Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Tapes for Bonding Wood in Building Construction Applications.” Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology. (Manuscript Number: JAST-D-08-00011)
- Graham, D. A., D. M. Carradine, D. A. Bender, J. D. Dolan, J. D. 2009. Performance of log shear walls subjected to monotonic and reverse-cyclic loading. Journal of Structural Engineering 136(1) pp. 37-45.
- Graham D.A., D.M.Carradine, D.A.Bender, J.D.Dolan. 2009. Monotonic and reverse-cyclic loading of lag screw connections for log shear wall construction." Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering 22(1). pp. 88-95.
- Xu, J., J. D. Dolan. 2009. "Development of Nailed Wood Joint Element in ABAQUS". Journal of Structural Engineering 135(8) pp. 968-976.
- Xu, J., J. D. Dolan. 2009. "Development of a Wood Frame Shear Wall Model in ABAQUS". Journal of Structural Engineering 135(8) pp.977-984.