Dr. Liv Haselbach
Phone: (509) 335-5732
- Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, 2000 – University of Connecticut
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, 1981 – UC Berkeley
- B.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, 1979 – Cornell University
- Professional Engineer: CT, NY, SC, VA
- LEED™ Accredited Professional
- Fulbright-ALCOA Distinguished Chair in the Environmental Sciences and Engineering: Brazil 2015
- Associate Director: Center for Environmentally Sustainable Transportation in Cold Climates, 2014-
- Associate Professor: WSU, 2008-present
- Assistant Professor: University of South Carolina (USC), 2002-2008
- Lecturer: Yale University, 2001
- Founding Owner: Brakewood Planning and Design, Civil and Environmental Engineers, 1989-2003
- Land Development Consultant: Sunoco, 1987-1989
- Project/Process Engineer: Sohio Construction Co, 1983-1984
- Project Engineer: Stauffer Chemical Co., Summer 1979, 1981-1983
- Sustainable Construction
- Low Impact Development
- Environmental Issues in the Concrete Industry such as Pervious Concrete, Carbon Sequestration and Heat Island Impacts
- Soil Contaminant Modeling/ Decision Support Systems
- Alternative Fueling Infrastructure
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Life Cycle Assessment (visit this site for online learning modules: http://cem.uaf.edu/cesticc/publications/lca.aspx)
- Sustainable Development
- Introduction to Environmental Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
- Senior Design
- Previous: Air Pollution Control Engineering (USC, Yale), Land Development (USC) and Autocad (USC)
- Haselbach, L.M., The Engineering Guide to LEED-New Construction: Sustainable Construction for Engineers, Second Edition, McGraw-Hill Professional, NY, NY 2010
- Modifications to The Engineering Guide to LEED New Construction
- Langfitt, Q., Haselbach, L., and Hougham, R.J., Artifact Based Energy Literacy Assessment Utilizing Rubric Scoring. J. Prof. Issues Eng. Educ. Pract. , 10.1061/(ASCE)EI.1943-5541.0000210 , C5014002.
- Haselbach, L. and Thomle, J. (2014), An Alternative Mechanism for Accelerated Carbon Sequestration in Concrete, Sustainable Cities and Society, 12, 25–30.
- Haselbach, L. and Thomas, A. (2014), Carbon Sequestration in Concrete Sidewalk Samples, Construction and Building Materials, 54, 47–52.
- Haselbach, L., Poor, C., and Tilson, J. (2014), Dissolved Zinc and Copper Retention from Stormwater Runoff in Ordinary Portland Cement Pervious Concrete, Construction and Building Materials 53C, 652-657.
- Thompson, M., Haselbach, L., Poor, C. and Wolcott, M. (2013), Integrating Green Rating Systems: A Case Study for Ferry Terminals, Journal of Green Building, 8(1).
- Shen, S., Burton, M., Jobson, B. and Haselbach, L. (2012), Pervious Concrete with Titanium Dioxide as a Photocatalyst Compound for a Greener Urban Road Environment, Construction & Building Materials (35).
- Simonen, K and Haselbach, L. (2012), Environmental Product Declarations for Building Materials and Products: U.S. Policy and Market Drivers, Proceedings, July 10-12, 2012, Nantes, France, International Symposium on Life Cycle Assessment and Construction, IFSTTAR.
- Haselbach, L., Boyer, M., Kevern, J., and Schaefer, V. (2011), Cyclic Heat Island Impacts on Traditional versus Pervious Concrete Pavement Systems, Transportation Research Record Journal of the Transportation Research Board (TRB), No. 2240, TRB of the National Academies. Wash, DC, pp 107-115
- Goede, W. and Haselbach, L. (2011), Investigation into the Structural Performance of Pervious Concrete, ASCE J. of Transportation Engineering, J. Transp. Eng., 138(1), 98–104.
- Haselbach, L. (2010), The Potential for Clay Clogging of Pervious Concrete under Extreme Conditions, Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, 15(1), 67-69.