Dr. Rafik Itani
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, 1975 - Virginia Tech
- M.S., Civil Engineering (Structures option), 1970 - University of North Dakota
- B.S., Civil Engineering, 1969 - University of Wisconsin
- Professional Civil Engineering, State of Washington, No. 323-01-0018288
- Chair, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, WSU, 1989-97
- Director, Washington State Transportation Center, Washington State University, 1989-present
- Professor, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, 1985-present
- Fulbright Professor, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Univ. of Jordan, Amman, Jordan, 1986-87
- Structural Engineering Section Head, Civil & Environmental Engineering, 1982-89
- Associate Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering, 1980-85
- Assistant Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering, WSU, 1975-80
- Instructor, Division of Engineering Fundamentals, Virginia Polytechnic and State University, Blacksburg, VA, 1970-75
- George G. Marra Award, Society of Wood Science and Technology, 1993
- "Engineer of Merit" Award, ASCE Inland Empire Section, 1990
- Outstanding Conference Award, National University Continuing Education Association, 1988
- Leon Luck Award (Most Effective Faculty Member), Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, WSU, 1988-89
- Fulbright Professor, 1986-87
- AT&T Fund Award for Excellence in Instruction, 1985
- Outstanding Research Award, College of Engineering & Architecture, WSU, 1985
- Award for Outstanding Service (ASCE), 1982 and 1983
- Dow Outstanding Young Faculty Award, 1977
- Structural analysis and design
- Timber research
- Dynamic analysis of low rise buildings
- Structural Mechanics & Design
- Itani, R.Y. and Fridley, K.J., "Seismic Response of Light Frame Wood Buildings," published in CURE proceedings as an invited paper, November 1999.
- Kamiya, F., and Itani, R.Y., "Design Parameters for Wood Diaphragms", paper accepted for publication in ASCE J. of Structural Engineering, Sept. 1997.
- Tarabia, A.M., and Itani, R.Y., "Seismic Response of Light-Frame Wood Buildings", J. of Structural Engineering, Vol. 123, no. 11, pp. 1470-1477, Nov. 1997.
- Tarabia, A.M., and Itani, R.Y., "Static and Dynamic Modeling of Light Frame Wood Buildings", Computer and Structures, 63(2), pp. 319-334, 1997.
- Hoyle, R.J., Itani, R.Y., and Anderson, J.T., "The Effects of Moisture Cycling on Creep of Small Glued Laminated Beams", Wood and Fiber Science, 26(4), pp. 556-562, 1994.