Dr. Haifang Wen
- Ph.D. Civil Engineering, 2001 - North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- M.S. Civil Engineering, 1998 - Southeast University, Nanjing, China
- B.S. Civil Engineering, 1995 - Shandong University, Jinan, China
- Assistant Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering, WSU-Pullman, 2008-present
- Researcher, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, University of Wisconsin -Madison, 2007-2008
- Research Manager, Bloom Consultants, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 2001-2007
- Research Assistant, North Carolina State University, Nanjing China, 1998-2001
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Outstanding Mentor, Washington State University, 2009
- Outstanding Alumni, Shandong University, 2008
- Constitutive modeling of pavement materials
- Recycled materials and byproducts utilization
- Pavement evaluation and rehabilitation
- Transportation Engineering
- Pavement Design
- Advanced Pavement Design and Analysis
- Highway Materials Engineering
- Advanced Transportation Topic: Superpave Mix Design
- Wen H. and Bahia H., “Characterizing Fatigue of Asphalt Binders Using Viscoelastic Continuum Damage Mechanics. Transportation Research Record.” Accepted for publication at Transportation Research Records, 2009
- Johnson C., Bahia H., and Wen H., “Practical Application of Viscoelastic Continuum Damage Theory to Asphalt Binder Fatigue Characterization,” Accepted for publication at Journal of Association of Asphalt Paving Technologist, 2009.
- Faheem A., Wen H., Stephene L., and Bahia H., “Effect of Mineral Filler on Damage Resistance Characteristics of Asphalt Binders,” accepted for publication by Journal of Association of Asphalt Paving Technologist, 2007.
- Wen H. and Chen C., “ Factors Affecting Initial Roughness of Concrete Pavement,” accepted for publication at Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, ASCE, Reston, Virginia, 2006.
- Wen H., Tharaniyil M., Ramme B, and Krebs S., “Field Performance Evaluation of Type C Fly Ash in Full-depth Reclamation: A Case History Study,” Transportation Research Records, No. 1869, Transportation Research Board, National Research Council, Washington D.C., 2004., pp. 41-46.
- Wen H. and Kim Y.R., “Simple Performance Test for Fatigue Cracking and Validation with WesTrack Mixtures,” Transportation Research Record, No. 1789, Transportation Research Board, National Research Council, Washington, D.C., 2002, pp. 66-72.