Dr. Michael E. Barber
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, 1991 - University of Texas
- M.S.C.E., Civil Engineering, 1983 - Purdue University, Indiana
- B.Sc., Civil Engineering, 1981 - University of New Hampshire
- Professional Engineer, State of Colorado
- Professor, WSU, 2008-present
- Director, Center for Environmental, Sediment and Aquatic Research, 2008-2010
- Director, State of Washington Water Research Center, WSU, 2002-present
- Associate Professor, WSU, 1999-2008
- Assistant Professor, Washington State University, 1994-99
- Assistant Professor, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, 1991-94
- Research Assistant, University of Texas, 1988-91
- Project Engineer, KKBNA Inc., Wheat Ridge, CO, 1983-88
- Teaching Assistant, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, 1981-82
- Water quality and quantity modeling
- Surface-ground water interaction
- Constructed wetlands and wet ponds
- Remote sensing
- Water Resources Engineering (undergraduate)
- Hydraulic Design (undergraduate)
- Open Channel Flow (undergraduate & graduate)
- Surface Water Hydrology (graduate)
- Surface Water Contaminant Transport (graduate)
- Hydraulics Seminar (graduate)
- R. Leek, J.Q. Wu, L. Wang, T.P. Hanrahan, M.E. Barber, and H. Qiu, (2009). “Heterogeneous Characteristics of Water Movement Through Streambed Sediments of the Touchet River, Southeastern Washington, USA,” Hydrological Processes, Vol 23, No. 8, pp 1236-1246.
- G.N. Teasdale and M.E. Barber, (2008). “Aerial Assessment of Ephemeral Gully Erosion from Agricultural Regions in the Pacific Northwest” Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineers, Vol 134, No. 6, pp 807-814.
- M.E. Barber, F. Loge, A. Al-Omari, and M. Fayyad, (2008). “Water Quality and Quantity in Jordan’s Dead Sea Wadis,” Water International, Vol 3, No. 3, pp 369-379.
- G. Fu, M.E. Barber and S. Chen, (2007). “The Impacts of Climate Change on Regional Hydrological Regimes in the Spokane River Watershed,” Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineers, Vol 12, No. 5, pp 452-461.
- M.E. Barber, S. G. King, D.R. Yonge, and W.E. Hathhorn. (2003). "The Ecology Ditch: A BMP for Stormwater Mitigation," Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineers, Vol 8, No. 3, pp. 111-122.
- E. Rowland, R.H. Hotchkiss, and M.E. Barber. (2003). "Predicting Fish Passage Design Flows at Ungaged Streams in Eastern Washington," Journal of Hydrology, Vol. 273, pp. 177-187.
- M.E. Barber, S.T.J. Juul, R.E. Wierenga, and W.H. Funk. (1999). "Determining Primary Productivity of Oligotrophic and Mesotrophic Waters with 14C," Journal of Environmental Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineers, 125( 8): 747-754.
- T. Koob, M.E. Barber and W.E. Hathhorn. (1999). "Hydrologic Design Considerations of Constructed Wetlands for Stormwater Runoff," Journal of the American Water Resources Association, 35(2): 323-331.